Chapter 1 of Bhagavad Gita and life management.

                 Bhagwat Geeta; Chapter 1

                                  Observing the armies on the battlefield of Kuruksetra


Goldenrulesoflife2021.blogspot.com


There are many other heroes who are prepared to lay down their lives for my sake. All of them are well equipped with different kinds of weapons, and all are experienced in military science. (1:19)

Our strength is immeasurable and we are perfectly protected by Grandfather Bhisma, whereas the strength of the Pandavas carefully protected by Bhisma is limited. (1:10)

All of you must now give full support to Grandfather Bhisma, as you stand at your respective strategic points of entrance into the phalanx of the army. (1:19)

Then Bhisma the great valiant grandsire of Kurus Dynasty, the grandfather of the fighters, blew his conch shell (Sankha) very loudly making a sound like the roar of a lion, giving Duryodhana joy. (1:12)

After that, the conch shell, drums, trumpets, and horns were all suddenly sounded and the combined sound was tumultuous. (1:13)

On the other side both Lord Krishna and Arjuna, stationed on a great chariot drawn by white horses, sounded their transcendental conch shell. (1:14)

All that time Arjuna, the son of Pandu, seating in the chariot bearing the flag marked with Hanuman, took up his bow and prepared to shoot his arrows. O"King, after looking at the sons of Dhritarashtra drawn in military array, Arjuna then spoke to Lord Krishna the words. (1:20)

Arjuna said:O infallible one, please draw my chariot between the two armies so that I may see those present here who desire to fight and with whom I must contend in this great trial of arms.(1:21:22)

Let me see those who have come here to fight, wishing to please the evil-minded son of Dhritarashtra. (1:23)

Sanjaya said: O descendant of Bharata, hearing thus been addressed by Arjuna, Lord Krishna drew up the fine chariot on the midst of the armies of both parties. (1:24)

In the presence of Bhisma, Drona, and all the other chieftains of the world, Lord Krishna said, just behold Partha all the Kurus assembled here. (1:25)

There Arjuna could see, within the midst of the armies of both parties, his fathers, grandfathers, teachers, maternal uncles, brothers, sons, grandsons, friends, and also his fathers-in-law and well-wishers. (1:26)

When the son of Kunti, Arjuna saw all these different grades of friends and relatives, he became overwhelmed with compassion and spoke thus. (1:27)

Arjuna said: my dear Krishna, seeing my friends and relatives present before me in such a fighting spirit I feel the limbs of my body quivering and my mouth drying up. (1:28)

My whole body is trembling, my hair is standing on end, my bow Gandiva is slipping from my hand, and my skin is burning. (1:29)

I am now unable to stand here any longer. I am forgetting myself, and my mind is reeling. I see only causes of misfortune. O Krishna killer of Keshi demon. (1:30)

O Krishna, maintainer of the people, I have heard by disciplic succession that those who destroy family traditions dwell always in hell. (1:43)

Also, how strange it is that we are preparing to commit greatly sinful acts driven by the desire to enjoy royal happiness, we are intent on killing our own kinsmen. (1:44)

Better for me if the sons of Dhritarashtra, weapons in hand, were to kill me unarmed and unresisting on the battlefield. (1:45)


Goldenrulesoflife2021.blogspot.com

                                                                                                                                                                      

Goldenrulesoflife2021.blogspot.com


Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post